Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sun Run (Day 17)

Running.  I have never done a race or even an event like this before.  So now was a perfect time to do it.  I ended up running with a friend of mine, who I luckily saw, before the mass of people enveloped us. Starting off was a bit weird, as there was a lot of people. But I was set!

The blue zone ended up going right at 9, and we ended up starting around 9:30ish... we hit the starting line by 9:50 or so.
The run wasn't to bad, a lot of people, and we had to dodge a few.  It never really thinned out, but it was a tad easier near the end.  Although getting onto the Cambie bridge was a bit of a bottleneck. Overall though, I'm glad I did this, I really needed to do it for myself.  I think it took me between an hour and ... 20-30min.

It also made the meal afterwards a lot easier and way more satisfying!  I ended up joining Lindsay and his family at a restaurant for brunch.  It was awesome.
Thanks to Brian for joining me!  I know he could have zoomed past everybody but he stayed with me (excluding that part where I lost him)!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the Sun Run - I know it's not easy! and 1:30 isn't a bad time at all. It sounds like you ran half, or perhaps jogged the whole way.

    If you're interested in more fun runs, I'd recommend the Run For The Light at Stanley Park on May 27th. Far less people, and is about 5km long. It's for BC Blind Sports, so it takes place at dusk with glow sticks and glow-in-the-dark shirts - a very neat effect to see everyone after dark!

    ReplyDelete