Sunday, April 10, 2011

Knitting! (Day 10)

I never thought knitting would take such skill. I went off to Dressew in Vancouver, to get some knitting needles.  A lady there introduced to me to what I needed, and what to avoid.  Youtube would be my teacher for this.  Here's what I ended up leaving with:

  • Ball of Yarn
  • Knitting Needles
  • How to make a scarf booklet!

Once I got home, I started with the "Cast On" knot to get started. I understood how the cast on worked, however... things started to breakdown after.  The "knit stitch", this one was tough, it involves some crazy movements.  I ended up getting it once or twice, however it wasn't consistent enough.  I had to redo my cast on a few times to get it working properly.  I want to pursue this more, as it will get easier with practice.  It was an interesting experience.


The mess that was my attempt! Some of them work.

1 comment:

  1. I have always envied people who could knit. My bio mom is one of those people who could do anything having to do with making textiles. She can sew, knit, weave, crochet.. I hate her. Keep at it though.. men who knit make attractive mates I hear.

    ReplyDelete