Thursday, April 21, 2011

Joel (Day 21)

Today's task wasn't suppose to be this, but this just happened.

A man outside of shoppers drug mart told me he needed my help to pick up some of his tent poles that ended up falling out of his bag.  His back was hurting after having the pack on his back all day. I offered to help him, so I collected the items and handed them to him.  It took us a while to get his pack in order, apparently he picked it up at the 4-20 event that went on downtown.  Somebody had just left it lying around. After helping him I ended up heading on home.

Something was on the back of my mind, maybe he needs a meal, doesn't hurt.  I needed food, and I was going that way anyways... figured it couldn't hurt.  So I ended up heading back to where I last left him, luckily he was still there. I called out to him, and asked him if he wanted to go for a burger.  I told him I would be paying for it, and he was excited.  We went to Vera's, and got the Baja burger. Once we sat down he told me he grew up in Calgary.  He has been in Vancouver for about a day now, and wants to hitchhike around the world.  He  has a time limit for doing this, 10 yrs.  He's 19 right now, and wants to go around and see the world.  He is also an artist, though when I asked him about it, he told me he lost his work and sold some of it that very day.

I don't know how much of his story is true, but he seemed like he was trying to impress somebody with his ideas.  He would tell me about his money making ideas.  How he wants to start a youtube channel, and blog about his adventures.  Then he'd make some money from the ad revenue.  It is a pretty good idea.  He also hopes that people will send him things for free, just because they will be fans.   He told me about his ability to control emotions with his mind.  He tells me he can orgasm just by thinking it, I made him promise not to do it while we were eating.

I ended up saying good bye to him, he didn't finish the burger, he kept the rest for later.  I wished him the best, and that was it.  He seemed like a nice guy, but I could tell he's been through some things.  His life was tough, right now I think he's in a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment