Thursday, April 28, 2011

Politics (Day 27)

Politics!  My dad has become more political lately, and that's trickled down to me.  As a kid I really didn't care about politics, I know what it was, but never really a desire to learn about the candidates, and the party platform.

The candidates were talking at a local community center, and were doing a Q&A session. We had the Green Party, NDP, and Liberal show up.  The Conservative candidate didn't show up, she said she was sick.  I won't go over all the points that were discussed, but I do commended them on showing up and  standing up for their views.  As well as respecting people's questions.

Some of the questions though were more statements, on how they are unable to trust anybody, how the Harper government has let people down, etc.  You can tell people are upset, but so long as you don't get really angry and start yelling at people, I think it's okay to be upset.

Overall, it was a very interesting forum, and I think I will participate and volunteer during the next election.  I agree more with the Green Party's platform, than any others.  That is the party I will be voting for. I think everybody should take the time to learn about the issues that concern them.  I know what did it for me was taxing corporations more, legalizing marijuana.

Vote for the change you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment