Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sewing (Day 22)

Today's task involved sewing!  I ended up taking a class at "Spool of Thread", on how to build a "tote bag". I was the only guy in the class, but aside from that, I had a great time.  I never knew how much fun I'd have.  I remember as a kid, my mom had a sewing machine, I never knew how it worked.  I always wondered. I would play around with the knob that controls the needle, and try to figure out how the machine worked.

Once we got started, we got a good introduction on how the machine works. Then setup our machine, and setup the patterns for cutting!

After we had our pieces, we had to then sew them from the inside out.   It was a lot more involved than that, the instructor, Lilly (hope the spelling is right) ended up helping us out and would make sure we were on the right track.  Over all the process and instruction was great, they ended up telling me they are in the process of making more "manly" projects. I am pretty proud of this, and I came out of the class feeling pretty awesome with myself.
Also pigeons have invaded my neighbors balcony.  Here's a photo. Looks like they have made a nest, and in the process of having some eggs... I'll try to see if I can get some better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment