Thursday, April 14, 2011

Positive outlook and friendly! (Day 14)

Today was all about positivity!  If I felt in a funk, I had to pull myself out of it, and be super friendly towards anybody and everybody.  I  try not to be nagative or mean to people around me.  The difference with today is that no matter what, I'll just let it roll off and smile back.

It pays off to smile to people, it really does.  It "unlocks" a lot of doors.  Even just starting a conversation with a complete stranger is pretty great.  You really don't need to pry, a lot of the time people just open up with a few words. I went the local grocery store and just had a short conversation with one of the ladies who works there.  She told me she was a big fan of Big Bang Theory, and really likes non-political correct humor.  I can relate, it is funny.

A few people don't want to have a conversation, on the bus for instance.  I'd try to initiate a conversation, but it didn't work.  I suppose some people just want to be left a lone after work.  That's fine, I'll just smile right back.  I also walked around with a smile on my face.  Each time I would catch somebody's eye, they would smile back at me.  People like to be around happy people.

Dodgeball was also tonight, and really I don't want to ever be negative there, everybody does try their hardest. I would say that sports are a different thing, nobody wants to be considered unsportsmanlike like, we all want to win.

Either way it was a great day to just be positive around people, and really be friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment